BPC Knowledge Center
Nine Things Every First Time Pest Control Customer Should Know About
April Musa, CPA-Fumigator June 2013
Pest Control and Termite Control Industry in the Philippines as a developing country is at its kick-off as a necessity at Home, Commercial and Industrial Facilities for protection of human and his properties.
This article is for First Time Pest Control Customers in the Philippines, those who are considering the need of Pest and Termite Control Services in the near future as well as to those who have acquired Pest and Termite Control Services in the past. This article explains:
a. Importance of pest management
b. Expectations from a Pest Extermination Service
c. Qualifying Pest Control Service Providers &
d. Suggestions on Pest Control Service Frequency.
This article ultimately aims to increase awareness to the industry of termite control and pest control in the Philippines, reduce victims of unprofessional pest management practice and gauge expectations of stakeholders.
1. Your home needs it. Your family needs it.
2. It should be done by licensed Philippine Pest Control Practitioner.
You wouldn't want to put your family at risk in the hands of unprofessional and fake individuals who call themselves Philippine Pest Control Practitioners.
3. Ultimate pest control and management comes along with sanitation, pest proofing and pest control treatments.
4. THERE IS NO “CURE-ALL” IN PEST CONTROL. DEPENDENCE ON ANY ONE PEST MANAGEMENT METHOD WILL HAVE UNDESIRABLE EFFECTS.
5. Authentic Philippine pest control operators do not offer 10-year guarantee chemicals. 10-year guarantee chemicals are already phased out of the market due to proven carcinogenic and mutagenic effect to humans and animals.
6. PEST CONTROL TREATMENT EFFORTS SHOULD NOT BE A HIT OR MISS. YOUR TIME AND MONEY ARE WAY TOO VALUABLE TO GET A MISS.
7. Before agreeing on that chemical-free and organic-only based pest control treatment of your house, ask your provider what it is they will use & how these materials will attack pests.
8. Allot 3-5 hours for pest control: 1-2 hours for the pest control treatment depending on the size of the house and at least 2 hours to allow chemical to settle before entering the house. Your safety should be the priority of all pest control providers.
9. Pest control maintenance of properties should be at least :
Residential - Quarterly
Food related establishments - 2x a month
Schools - monthly
Offices - Monthly
Warehouse - Monthly
*May vary depending on level of infestation